Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose - This position exists to develop, implement, maintain, maximize and continuously improve Shiloh's manufacturing capability for Industrial and Aerospace Bearing Manufacturing in conformance to ISO9001:2015 and AS9100 Rev. D quality systems. This position has responsibility for quality planning, quality supervision, and cost of quality reduction activities.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Engineering degree required
- Minimum two years quality engineering in a manufacturing environment
- Certified Quality Engineer preferred
- Experience with and understanding of quality core tools (e.g., FMEA, Control Plans, etc.)
- Skill in quality planning from new product introduction to current product advancement
- Understanding of quality systems requirements of AS9100, ISO 9001, NADCAP, etc.
- Blueprint reading skills and knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Experience with gauge calibration monitoring software Indysoft Insite preferred
- Experience with other fundamental quailty tools (pareto charts, cause and effect diagrams, 5-Why, etc.)
- Auditing skills and ability to evaluate compliance to quality standards
- Ability to apply logic, reasoning, and data analysis to solve complex problems
- Project management skills and ability to lead a team to implement actions for improvement
- Leadership and supervision responsibilities for metrology and calibration lab departments.
- Maintain ownership of gauge systems throughout the operation, including calibration and gauge MSA activities, as well as responsibility for troubleshooting production gauging.
- Maintain both AS9100 Rev. D and ISO9001:2015 quality systems and act as a decision maker for AS, ISO, and NADCAP issue resolution. Participate in customer and third-party audits of the Shiloh Plant quality system.
- Maintain ownership and control of nonconforming product by holding the lead position for scrap reporting and internal failure management through the material review board.
- Take an active role in development and implementation of new products that will conform to AS9100, ISO9001:2000, NADCAP, and customer specific requirements by leading quality planning activities.
- Take a lead role in investigation, follow up and timely response to product quality issues, manufacturing issues, and information requests related to customer inquiries, concerns and/or complaints.
- Assist in the development and training of associates in quality system procedures and work instructions.
- Develop and maintain open communications to effectively resolve issues related to the quality system. This includes local operations and associates and other Timken locations, business units, customers and suppliers.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.