- This position will be based in our Columbus, OH distribution center.
Join our Leadership Team as a Regional Distribution Manager! You will lead 7 of our distribution centers, directly managing the DC Managers onsite. You will ensure leader engagement to accomplish accountability in their own DCs. You will own the customer service, project planning/execution, associate and financial core metrics (KPIs). Traveling overnight 25%+ (post-Covid) you will coach, mentor, cover and provide what our DC leaders require to accomplish Gold Standard performance for our associate, customers and shareholders.
- Bachelor's degree required, industrial engineering, technology, Business or similar.
- 7+ years distribution operations experience, regional responsibility.
- Expertise at data analysis, driving efficiency in KPIs and financial performance.
- Direct P&L responsibilities.
- SAP or similar WMS
- 5s, Six Sigma, lean process improvement experience and certification is a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation, ability to influence decision makers.
- Proven success and achievement of aggressive goals in a remote position requiring cross-functional leadership.
- Ability to travel 25%+ and ability to relocate in the future.
HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) (www.hdsupply.com) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for directing all operations in a distribution center environment for assigned regional responsibility to include DC3, DC2, and DC1's (at times may include DC4). Responsible for supporting the region by managing redistribution activities and operating as a strategic partner with logistics and supply chain management in establishing and adhering to operating budgets. Responsible for operational excellence and process improvement initiatives; ensuring customers expectations are exceeded.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Provides effective leadership of others to ensure efficient distribution operations and adherence to policy, procedure and process excellence. Drives continuous improvement in assigned region (quality, efficiency, cost, etc.).
- Develops annual operating budgets in support of the company's financial goals and responsible for P&L management. Completes cost justification and determines ROI.
- Identifies regional trends and recommends strategic solutions to regional director. Serves as a point of contact for regional operations focused initiatives, regional projects, exceptions or hot issues. Addresses escalated issues from centers.
- Controls cost through process improvement initiatives, productivity measures, efficient utilization of space and protection of stored materials. Ensures protection and accuracy of inventory by adhering to all inventory control processes and procedures.
- Ensures appropriate staffing levels by effectively forecasting resources needed to meet service, financial and operational requirements.
- Oversees carrier services and dedicated delivery processes. Partners with support staff to ensure compliance with all DOT regulations.
- Selects and develops associates. Manages performance and engagement of direct and indirect reports.
- Safeguards the well-being of associates and environment by ensuring a culture of safety awareness and strict compliance to all EHS and Hazmat policies and procedures, legal regulations and human resource policies
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience. May recommend/make decisions regarding new programs/initiatives that have significant impact to the business and carry consequences in unsuccessful endeavors.
- Manages a larger team or multiple small teams through direction of subordinate management and/or supervisory staff.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel 20% to 50% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Bachelor's Degree in distribution/logistics preferred. Management experience in large, complex multi-shift distribution center environment(s).
- Previous experience in oversight of multiple locations, inventory control, transportation and delivery, route management, etc..
- Redistribution of inventory and export/import experience among multiple locations preferred.
Job Locations US-OH-Groveport - US-OH-Columbus
Posted Date 1 month ago (10/22/2020 12:32 PM)
Job ID 2020-40056
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Operations
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 43125
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.