Your Career Begins at Timken Drives LLC
If you're ready for a challenging field service career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken Drives LLC, a leading manufacturer of roller and engineering class chain and belt products is seeking to our sales team. Timken Drives is located on the Mississippi River in Fulton, Illinois, and has been in business since 1959. Timken Drives is a solid company with a stable workforce and is well positioned in our core markets while being sufficiently diversified to minimize the impact of market cycles.
Timken Drives offers competitive pay, a quarterly incentive plan, and an excellent benefits package that includes 401(k) match, Medical, Prescription, Dental, Life, Short-term/Long-term Disability, Paid Vacations/Holidays, and EAP Services.
Sales Development Manager - (Remote - Atlanta, GA Location)
Purpose and Scope
- Manage day-to-day sales activities and other business processes associated with assigned territory while maintaining strong connection between customers, engineering, management, Timken Drives operations team, Diamond Operations Team, Timken Belts, and Timken Corporate sales team.
- Position responsible for maintaining and growing market share of Timken Drives chain and auger products as well as Timken Belts products and services for assigned territory.
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans consistent with the Timken Drives, Diamond Chain, and the Timken Belts business plan.
- Identify, develop, and execute new business development opportunities, strategies, and tactics leading to profitable growth which surpass market conditions.
- Develop and maintain positive customer relationships through regular face-to-face customer visits and interactions, requiring extensive travel and detailed post-sales follow-up.
- Proactively analyze customer needs and issues, utilizing formalized problem-solving techniques to drive continuous improvement activities and communicate needs (Voice of the Customer/VOC) to Timken Drives and Timken Belts.
- Assist sales management in planning, selling strategies, and market planning activities. Work with Timken Regional Manager and Timken sellers to promote, sell, and service the Timken Drives and Timken Belts product line.
- Field sales management and marketing experience
- Technical background and experience
- Knowledge of precision roller chain and engineering class chains
- Demonstrated business management experience and skills
- Strong organizational, management, communication, and presentation skills
- High degree of computer literacy
- Self-directed and self-starter
- Ability to work within team environment
- Industrial distribution experience
- Bachelor of Engineering, Business or Marketing required
- Master's Degree in Business or related field preferred
Previous Job Experiences
- Minimum of 7 years Industrial Sales Experience; 10 years preferred.
- Understanding of Industrial Distribution
- Minimum of 3 years chain product sales; chain features/benefits and applications; 5 years preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and complete necessary production forms. Ability to speak effectively with fellow employees and/or customers.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables; problem solving ability.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, use hands/arms. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear at conversational level, and smell. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds. Moving/lifting greater than 50 pounds requires assistance from another employee or a lifting device/hoist. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Required Personal Protective Equipment
Employee is required to wear proper safety eyewear, hearing protection, and steel-toed shoes at all times while on the plant floor.
The Timken Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All associates and applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law. For additional information please visit our website Timken Careers http://www.timken.com/careers/.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.