Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Principal Sales Engineer is a remote-operating role responsible for growing the sales targets/business for Timken Sensors. This position will sell and support sensors business in the assigned geographic sales territory of North America.
- Responsibilities will include generating sales within the identified territory, providing personalized, face-to-face sales service for product offerings to existing accounts, and working to provide new leads and opportunities, and to develop them into new accounts.
- Manage the relationship of a defined group of Automation Distributors and existing OE Customers. Apply a consulter selling approach to improve our customers' performance by delivering unparalleled value and innovation. Achieve sales and profit objectives by executing tactics and action plans in support of our business and marketing strategies
- This position will be the primary sales contact point for all customers within the defined territory. Up to 70% travel may be required.
- Work with the Sales, Product Sales Mgmt. and Production organizations to achieve growth targets for sales and profitability of existing and new market segment accounts. Participate in the business planning and forecasting process
- Manage assigned customer base or territory, act as the primary point of contact; develop and maintain relationships with existing and new customer base to exceed sales and service expectations. Make target number of customer calls.
- Develop customer-based sales plan including sales, won/lost business, plans to maximize pricing, and new business attainment. Actively gather and submit customer and market knowledge into monthly meeting with supervisor.
- Deliver high-impact customer presentations that focus on Timken Magnetic Encoder capabilities and solutions and value proposition.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering required; Masters Degree Preferred
- 4 to 7 years sales experience
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Strong written communication skills and ability to present in large or small groups
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals
- Expertise of Industrial, Medical, and Automation procurement processes.
- Established network of contact with customer's technical and procurement functions in the industry
- Outside "Field" Sales, Must be able to travel greater than 70% of the time
- Knowledge of dynamic products and services, specifically Magnetic Encoders
- Min. 3 -5 years' experience in Automatic Related Markets
- Experience with encoders, electric motors, automation software and similarly related active motion control technologies
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.