Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately owned, vertically integrated company consisting of corrugated container plants, folding cartons, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs more than 4,000 team members and operates over 30 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement. For more information about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit www.gbp.com .
Grand Traverse Container has been manufacturing custom corrugated packaging since 1995. Over the years, our reliable service and prompt delivery has allowed us to grow into other markets. Our reputation is built on being responsive to the needs of our customers. Each employee is part of a team inspired to make a product that makes them proud and our customers happy. If you are looking for an employer with a strong foundation, creative ideas and the ability to respond, you just found it.
We are looking for a maintenance technician with a proven track record to join our team in our Traverse City location. This is a 2nd shift position and will be responsible for performing preventative maintenance to ensure all machines are functioning safely and efficiently. The maintenance techs also respond to machine and/or system failures and must be able to troubleshoot when necessary. The candidate must understand electronics, electricity, pneumatic, hydraulics and mechanics. Previous experience with flexographic printers and die cutters is preferred.
Candidates should have a working knowledge and experience with:
- Previous repair and maintenance (machine mechanical / electrical / hydraulics) required
- Preventive maintenance inspection (PM) diagnose, repair, and rebuild major equipment/components including but not limited to balers, conveyors, hydraulic power packs, diverters, compressors, motors, glass breakers, fans, pumps, forklifts, and building equipment.
- Strong knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic, electro-mechanical and other automation devices required
- Ability to read plants, prints, sketches and use those to direct fabrication or repair
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members. Teamwork and problem-solving skills are a must
- Requires working overtime
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs
- Ability to stand, bend or kneel for long and short periods of time
- Pre-employment drug screen required
$18- $24 Hr. In addition to a competitive wage, we offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, life and 401(k). #JiM-Post
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.