Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Job Title: Reconditioning Component Prep Associate
Description: Prepare components for inspection by disassembling bearings using a hydraulic press and hand tools. Perform washing and shot blasting processes including the sorting, loading, and unloading of components as well as equipment operation. Maintain equipment and work stations through daily housekeeping and preventative maintenance activities.
Overall Purpose: Disassemble bearings, and perform washing and shot blast operations to prepare components for inspection in a safe manner, complaint with all requirements, while achieving delivery and productivity performance expectations.
- Disassemble roller bearings using hydraulic press and hand tools.
- Manually sort components and load wash racks.
- Operate washer and maintain proper wash water chemistry.
- Manually unload wash racks and mark parts for identification purposes.
- Manually load and unload components for shot blaster.
- Operate shot blaster and maintain appropriate settings to effectively remove containments.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks to prevent equipment downtime including pumping and cleaning washers, replacing washer and blast nozzles, clearing catch basins and collection bins, etc.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives utilizing lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Document and communicate manufacturing performance issues to maintain continuity between shifts and decrease downtime.
- Act as a role model, coach and trainer for new associates to foster a team environment.
- Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Support improvement projects and other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands & Frequency:
- Ability to stand for extended period of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive or short-cycle work
Frequent lifting, walking, reaching, pushing and handling
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Moderate twisting and bending.
Limited climbing on step stools or platforms.
Fine motor skills with frequent hand and arm movement.
Vision must be normal (20/20).Correctional lenses are acceptable.
Qualifications/Training: Candidates must demonstrate proficiency in math and reading, good written and verbal communication skills, and strong problem solving skills. Candidates shall successfully complete training program and applicable qualification requirements. New hires shall demonstrate satisfactory performance during new hire probationary period. Certification required to progress through position levels. Job rotation is required to maintain higher position levels.
Environmental Conditions: Loud manufacturing environment, exposure to metals, machine lubricants, rust preventative and other process chemicals, seasonal cold/heat.
Protective Clothing and Personal Devices: Safety glasses, safety gloves, safety shoes, hearing protection.