Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Key member of the Repair Station management team; provides significant input to business planning process and manages the development and completion of objectives to achieve the defined results. Manages and leads the activities of a multidisciplinary team in accomplishing the goals and objectives of the plants business plan primarily related to the management of product quality, introduction of new products, continuous improvement of the quality system and engineering systems, effective management of capital spending and overall customer satisfaction. Provides technical expertise and leadership for Timken, customers and vendors as it relates to both the engineering and quality group functions and responsibilities.
- Manage engineering projects that require complex engineering analysis and problem solving to attain FAA approval of new bearing repairs and designs. Accountable for the compilation of project proposals/packages including all necessary justification and supporting documentation.
- Lead and develop quality and engineering staff including building and supporting a high-performing team, goal and metric development, performance review and feedback, and facilitation of the talent management process. Provide hands-on management for the technical portion of engineering development programs and quality systems
- Develop, implement and improve the ISO 9001 Quality Management System. Ensure continuation of the facility FAA/CAA repair station approvals and compliance with FAA/CAA regulatory requirements
- Responsible for maintenance of technical data in support of repairs
- Responsible to develop, maintain and improve an FAA approved training program to ensure adequate training for all associates
- Responsible for new business and customer technical approvals
- Approval and certification of class A suppliers
- Responsible for in-house processing of rollers including OD grind and crown
- Review, processing and monitoring of all customer returns and complaints
- Acts as mentor to other associates, helping them to develop enhanced technical, problem solving and leadership skills
- Utilizes Timken Talent Management Processes to manage talent and create solid succession plans.
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline with min. ten years of related experience in Aerospace/Bearing/Engineering/Quality/Repair Station MRO or related
- Advanced written communication skills and ability to present in large or small groups
- Excellent problem solving abilities and dispute management tactics
- Creative, innovative self-starter that thrives in challenging situations
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.