Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose & Scope
Under the general direction of the department manager and the Teamcenter/CAD Admin team leader, serve as the Timken Company TeamCenter PLM/PDM and CAD (ex: NX, Creo, AutoCAD, etc.) software global application administrator. Previous knowledge and technical support of CAD software packages are required in order to monitor and support so that they are up and running 24 X 7. Application monitoring such that the software license keys are available through the Timken network. Verify the electronic license key sheets are accurate and the annual software maintenance charges are correct. Manage the PLM/PDM and CAD software application upgrade projects - being aware of the new features and changes made in the next release of the software and its impact on the Business. Plan and coordinate global software rollout and the necessary end user training. Partner with the Timken Company Information Technology Infrastructure team to establish the engineering desktop and laptop configurations, make sure that the associated databases are running properly, and provide 2nd and 3rd level CAD Help Desk support. A high level of knowledge of PLM/PDM tools such as Teamcenter or SAP PLM is required. These tools are used to manage the engineering model and drawing release process and revisions. Requirement is for the associate to be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Green Card holder due to accesses to munitions/ITAR restricted data.
- Responsible for the daily maintenance and support of the global PLM/CAD software application system, resolving end user issues.
- Establish and document procedural Best Practices.
- Keeps abreast of new technical developments in the PLM/PDM/CAD field, recommending implementations and improvements, advising end user managers and the global engineering systems team of potential benefits to the Company.
- Provide excellent customer service by meeting target dates and communicating well with the customers and team members.
- Provide key performance metrics to the department manager.
- Meet regularly with the vendor representatives to discuss Company needs and understanding of new PLM/PDM/CAD software developments, as well as hardware requirements.
- Prior experience with administering, configuring, and installing PLM/PDM and 3D/2D CAD software
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with experience resolving ambiguous technical issues/requests
- Demonstrate proficiency in various computer languages
Minimum Qualification :
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, CS, MIS or related degree preferred with 2+ years' work experience in PLM, PDM and/or CAD. Equivalent years of experience and education may be considered.
- Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Green Card holder due to accesses to munitions/ITAR restricted data.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.