Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately family-owned , vertically integrated and diversified manufacturing company consisting of corrugated container converting plants, folding carton operations, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs more than 4,000 team members and operates over 30 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement. For more information about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit www.gbp.com .
The Arkansas Mill Division is a fully integrated pulp and containerboard mill utilizing a sustainable combination of virgin fiber and recycled fiber to produce high quality kraft linerboard and corrugating medium. The Arkansas Mill is an industry leader in employee development through investment in world class maintenance training facilities and state-of-the-art operations training programs. For more information on AKD visit http://gbp.com/locations/arkansas
The Mill Procurement Manager will lead the Mill Procurement Team to ensure strategic objectives are met using best practice supply management. The position will be part of the Mill leadership team, and be responsible for managing relationships between Maintenance, Engineering, Operations, Finance, and the mill supplier base. The Procurement Manager will have a steadfast commitment to delivering on objectives, internal customer service, supply chain integrity, and a relentless drive toward continuous improvement. Responsibilities:
- Develop, mentor and lead a procurement team focused on operational efficiency, continuous improvement and bottom line Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) savings.
- Partner with stakeholders to develop and implement supply management strategies necessary to deliver mill strategic objectives.
- Work across Divisions and with the Senior Manager of Procurement to develop and implement standard best practices to increase the value contribution from the procurement organization.
- Manage key categories across Divisions applying category management and strategic sourcing principals.
- Manage mill operational sourcing and storerooms.
- Negotiate contracts; prepare and issue purchase orders.
- Oversight for mill procurement transactions to ensure compliance with company policies.
- Monitor supplier compliance with contractual agreements.
- Measure and manage supplier cost, quality, and performance; manage disputes; identify root causes; and implement corrective actions.
- Monitor key market and business trends; quantify opportunities and risks to the business.
- Assist with other procurement initiatives as required.
- At least 10 years of progressive procurement experience and leadership in a process manufacturing environment.
- B.S. in supply chain management, business administration, or engineering. Continuing education, and/or coursework in business law is desirable.
- Proactive, hands-on, procurement leader with a sense of urgency and accountability
- Ability to organize, manage multiple priorities, and maintain high attention to detail in a fast-paced and lean environment.
- Proven skills in complex negotiations; managing strategic supplier relationships; maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to effectively engage, manage, and evaluate vendor relationships and supplier performance.
- Experience collecting and analyzing data; advanced skills in Excel and Power BI.
- Ability to build and manage cross-functional teams and convey complex issues.
- Use of self-initiative and independence to complete tasks with urgency and meet deadlines.
- A change agent with uncompromising values.
- CPSM, CPM, CSCP, CPP, CPPM, or equivalent certifications preferred
- Effective communication
- Relationship management and networking
- Results driven
- Business and financial acumen
- Strategic sourcing category management
- Customer focus
- Decisive and accountable
- Critical thinking and analysis
- Project management
In addition to a competitive wage, the selected candidate will enjoy a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, prescription drug, STD, LTD and company matching 401(k). #JiM-Post
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.