Join our leadership team as a Distribution Center/Transportation Manager in our Tampa, FL facility! We're seeking a strong leader who will guide our 40+ dedicated fleet drivers and warehouse associate family by coaching and developing our customers' satisfaction . As the building leader, you will report to a regional leader and you will be responsible for building a positive culture, remaining very hands-on, focusing on engagement, building a 'One Team' mentality, and reducing turnover.
- 5 years of experience in a high volume distribution center or 200K Sq. Ft. or larger.
- 3+ years in a management role, managing managers and 50+ associates.
- Prior experience leading a team of non-union associates in a fast paced warehouse/distribution environment.
- Expertise on DOT policies and procedures.
- SAP or similar ERP experience/knowledge preferred.
- Decartes or similar transportation software experience.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Strong history of driving culture and employee engagement.
- Previous experience in fleet management is a plus.
- SAP Operating System Experience, proficiency with MS Excel and reporting.
- Experience with (P2V) Pick to Voice technology.
- Advanced degree is NOT required.
HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) (www.hdsupply.com) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Direct all operations activities in a distribution center environment of approximately $15M - $70M in revenue. Responsible for operational excellence and process improvement; ensuring customer expectations are exceeded; and talent acquisition, development, and retention of associates. Operates as a strategic partner with logistics and supply chain management in establishing and adhering to operating budgets.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Ensure efficient distribution operations and adherence to policy, procedure and process excellence. Ensure environmental health and safety excellence through compliance with all safety and Hazmat rules and regulations, legal regulations, and human resource policies.
- Responsible for talent management including selection, termination, performance review and professional development of direct reports.
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels to meet service, financial and operational support demands.
- Manage carrier services and dedicated delivery processes. Partner with support staff to ensure compliance with all DOT regulations.
- Effectively utilize training programs to develop sales and operations expertise within the facility.
- Act as liaison to functional leadership to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution. Coordinate and communicate effectively with all company departments.
- Develop annual operating budgets in support of the corporate financial goals and responsible for P&L management. Complete cost justification and determine ROI.
- Achieves cost control through productivity of personnel, efficient utilization of facility space and proper protection of stored materials. Ensure accurate inventory levels and prevent shrinkage.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience.
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
Job Locations US-FL-Tampa
Posted Date 2 weeks ago (2/11/2021 3:24 PM)
Job ID 2021-41391
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Operations
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 33610
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.