Field Sales Supervisor (Area Manager) for Multi-Family
As a Field Sales Supervisor (Area Manager) with our Multi-Family vertical, you will lead a team that is focused on selling MRO (maintenance, repair and operations) supplies along with other products to our customers in the apartment industry. The territory will be New Jersey and Upstate New York.
HD Supply (www.hdsupply.com) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 300,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 44 Distribution Centers in 25 states and 2 Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 5,500 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success.
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for the sale of products/services by prospecting new customers and enhancing sales or services to existing accounts through direct field sales representatives. This position requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 20% of the average work week. If selected for this position, the company will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Develops and implements sales plans to achieve sales goals.
- Prepares regular and special reports reflecting activity and results of the sales effort.
- Reviews inventory and sales records, develops merchandising techniques, and coordinates sales promotions.
- Performs routine visits with our clients and must be able to handle any disputes or problems that may arise.
- Trains and familiarizes new Sales Representatives with established policies, practices, products and services.
- Trains sales associates in effective selling processes and techniques.
- Supervises associates including selection, training, coaching, and mentoring to develop associates.
- Shares market and competitor information with all applicable channels within the organization; establishes relationships and working partnerships with all levels of the organization.
Nature and Scope
- Experience provides solutions.
- Ensures that work is performed consistently with company policies and procedures.
- Leads a group or team of support, craft, or lower level professional associates.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 5+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Previous sales leadership.
- Previous sales experience in similar industry.
- Experience in business to business sales.
- Experience with sales techniques such as consultative selling.
- Experience building/transforming teams.
- Experience in evaluating talent.
Job Locations US-NJ-Edison - US-NJ-Newark - US-NJ-Trenton
Posted Date 2 weeks ago (2/11/2021 10:27 AM)
Job ID 2021-41631
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Sales
Remote Position? Yes
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 8837
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.