Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Manages personnel and coordinates activities for New Product Development Group, Product Enhancement Group, Test Department group and Embedded Systems Engineering Department Group.
Work requires independent evaluation, selection and application of numerous engineering techniques, procedures and criteria using judgment and ingenuity in making complex product designs.
- Oversees necessary testing for product verification and validation
- Cooperates with other top management personnel in formulating and establishing company policies, operating procedures, and goals
- Has shared responsibility as part of the Decision Team for authorizing the acceptance of proposed projects within the Product Realization Process
- Plans, schedules, coordinates and performs detail phases of engineering work in a project of complex scope when required
- Supports customer requests of a technical nature as needed.
- Direct, prioritize and manage multiple concurrent engineering projects while ensuring their success in meeting their respective objectives
- Oversee new product development process
- Implement approved engineering budgets and monitor actual expenses to ensure they fall within budgets
- Consult or negotiate with sales personnel and customers to finalize engineering project specifications
- Oversee engineering suppliers to ensure technical and cost objectives are met
- Present engineering plans, resource utilization and progress status updates to stakeholders
- Review and approve proposed engineering designs and subsequent product and process enhancements or changes
- Perform administrative and oversight functions in approving proposals, expenditures, enforcing policies and hiring and firing of engineers
Bachelors - Mechanical, Electrical, or General Engineering combined with a Masters - Engineering or Business Management
10+ years' experience - manufacturing industry
5+ years leadership experience
ASME certification preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.