Started in 1933, Green Bay Packaging Inc. (GBP) is a privately family-owned , vertically integrated and diversified manufacturing company consisting of corrugated container converting plants, folding carton operations, recycled and virgin linerboard mills, pressure-sensitive label rollstock, specialty converting operations, timberlands, and a sawmill facility. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Green Bay Packaging Inc. employs more than 4,000 team members and operates over 30 facilities in 14 states each with a dedication to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on safety, quality, sustainability, and continuous improvement. For more information about Green Bay Packaging Inc., visit www.gbp.com .
Baird was founded in Milwaukee in 1933 as a manufacturer of upscale candy boxes and poker chips. In the 1950s, we began creating unique, high-quality POP displays and we haven't stopped. Over the years, we've showcased our ultra-innovative design, support, manufacturing, warehousing and distribution capabilities, proving to clients that it can be done.
Primary Duties / Accountability:
- Read instructions from the current job ticket.
- Set up jobs according to general specifications, or modify if necessary.
- Responsible for quality of die cutting work.
- Load / unload raw or finished material from machinery as needed.
- Operate die cutting equipment in accordance with job orders and operating procedures.
- Initiate action to prevent problems, document quality problems, contribute to solutions to problems, verify implementation of solutions and control further processes once problem/solution has been identified.
- Respect and conform to all accepted safe work practices and standards.
- Attend ongoing in-house quality education classes.
- Perform on-going preventative maintenance and keep equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Set an example to co-workers by practicing safe work habits at all times. Assure Work Areas are free from hazards that could cause injury or accidents. Report any unsafe conditions to Plant Management.
- Maintain a positive, cooperative attitude toward customers, co-workers, subordinates and management. Support, encourage, and participate in quality improvement projects in order that department activities meet or exceed Customer and company quality, service, and performance needs and expectations.
- Maintain a good attendance / punctuality record.
- Perform job within established standards. Offer suggestions to solve problems.
- Perform other related duties as requested by Supervision / Management.
- Train and teach less experienced employees on specific machinery as directed by Plant Manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: High School diploma or equivalent. Speak, read, write English and have math skills all at 8th grade level and / or related work experience
We offer a competitive wage and an excellent benefit package including Medical, Dental, Life, LTD/STD, and Company matching 401(k). #JiM-Post
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.