Thorlabs is a vertically integrated manufacturer of photonics components, instruments, and systems. Our vast product portfolio includes over 20,000 items, ranging from optics and optomechanical positioning components to imaging systems, many of which are customer inspired. Thorlabs has extended its core competencies in an effort to play an ever-increasing role serving the Photonics Industry at the research end, as well as the industrial, life science, medical, and defense segments. Headquartered in Newton, NJ, Thorlabs has grown to over 1800 employees with manufacturing and sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Sweden, Japan, China, and Brazil.
Thorlabs encourages its employees to grow during their time with the organization by providing several benefits. Our benefits include full tuition assistance, internal advancement opportunities, health insurance (Thorlabs pays up to 75%), eye care and dental, 401k, and several wellness programs.
***$250 SIGN ON BONUS FOR THIS POSITION AFTER YOU REACH 90 DAY ANNIVERSARY DATE***
Have you ever wondered when an out of stock item will be available again? As an Order Fulfillment Specialist at Thorlabs, you are a crucial team player relaying product availability information via email to customers in need of items for a range of applications, from prototype development to scientific research in a laboratory. From prompt delivery date communication to customers to ensuring backordered items that come to stock ship same day, our Order Fulfillment Team plays an important role within our Customer Service offering. Starting hours are from 11:30 AM - 8 PM.
Essential Job Functions include the following:
- Runs reports and system functionality to ensure all backordered items that come to stock are shipped same day.
- Works with manufacturing teams and other global order fulfillment teams to understand and communicate date changes to customers via email
- Thorough understanding of the way dates are determined within our ERP system, Axapta
- Organizes workflow to meet customer deadlines as well as meeting department goals and initiatives
- Understands and appropriately uses the company pricing system and policies
- Remains knowledgeable of all order processing standards and participates in order processing as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Experience in a similar position preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with Microsoft Excel for sorting and filtering
- Strong desire to serve the customer and wow them through your written communications
- Strong sense of urgency to meet the needs of customers
- Strong attention to detail to ensure order accuracy
- Ability to work under time constraints, to multitask, and to solve problems
- Ability to work across departments so as to provide tailored solutions and accurate information to customers
- Must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.