Thorlabs is a vertically integrated manufacturer of photonics components, instruments, and systems. Our vast product portfolio includes over 20,000 items, ranging from optics and optomechanical positioning components to imaging systems, many of which are customer inspired. Thorlabs has extended its core competencies in an effort to play an ever-increasing role serving the Photonics Industry at the research end, as well as the industrial, life science, medical, and defense segments. Headquartered in Newton, NJ, Thorlabs has grown to over 1800 employees with manufacturing and sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Sweden, Japan, China, and Brazil.
$250.00 SIGN ON BONUS
FOR THIS POSITION AFTER YOU REACH YOUR 90 DAY ANNIVERSARY DATE
Join a team that designs, manufactures, and assembles one of the best optomechanical product portfolios in the world. As an Assembler you will put together and serve as the final quality check on over 3600 products produced by the Mechanics Business Unit. Whether you are interested in a career in assembly or looking for a place to start, assembly is a great place to get started at Thorlabs. Although the location of the position is in Newton, NJ, from time to time it may be required to undertake duties at other Thorlabs locations.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
• Must be able to understand and follow written work instructions.
• Pride in the quality of your work is a must.
• Assemble components and products of varying size and complexity that includes cleaning, inspecting and testing of assembled components and assemblies.
• Meets the expected production schedule.
• Be a great teammate by both asking and answering questions when instructions are not understood or clear.
• Desire to learn new skills and become proficient at a wide range of assemblies.
• Where necessary, set up or calibrate equipment, maintain accurate records, prepare reports for identification purposes such as test reports, and move material to and from work areas.
• Must maintain a safe and clean working environment through compliance with procedures, policies and regulations.
• Experience in assembly, inspection, and/or production desired but not required
• High School diploma or equivalent
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
• Attention to detail
• Strong ability to work well in a group atmosphere
• High quality standards.
• Enjoy a task oriented work environment
• Must be able to lift 25lbs
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.