We're passionate about applying our expertise to engineer and manufacture applications that will perform in the most challenging environments. Every day, more than 20,000 associates around the world collaborate to deliver unique solutions and unparalleled value to our customers.
- The Timken Company sells some of the world's most sophisticated magnetic field sensors.
- This role will support the sensor application and product development group.
- Responsibilities will include electrical and electronic design, test development and process development.
- May also include testing, pre-production assembly, preproduction testing, and inspection. It will also include the design and assembly of test fixtures, developing procedures, working with external suppliers, machine setup. This individual will work with sensor team members, customer service. This person is expected to have experience with the assembly and testing of electrical and mechanical products.
- This person will be a seiner member of a team of engineers that develop new magnetic speed and position sensor products. This person will lead projects and coordinate resources to develop manufacturing and test equipment to support Timken's sensor business. They will perform activities related to pre-production builds and product launches. They will work internally and with external suppliers to produce specialized tooling.
- Responsibilities will include gathering and analyzing data for development and prototype parts.
- This person will work with other parts of the plant to coordinate sensor prototypes from incoming inspection to product shipment.
- This person will be responsible for testing of sensors and magnetic sensor targets. Reports will be in MS Word and in MS Excel.
- The candidate investigate and recommend new technology for improving manufacturing, quality, and equipment reliability.
- The candidate will work with internal and external resources to help bring variants of existing sensor designs into the production cell in Keene.
- Write operation and maintenance procedures, as well as training manuals, as needed.
- Other responsibilities include, but not be limited to, leading Product Quality Planning activities, Six sigma activities. Other general support as directed by internal customers. This may include, but not be limited to, assisting with Quality audit preparation.
- Good knowledge of product design and manufacturing processes.
- Proficient with basic computer skills, I.E. MS Office tools, Electronics CAD, (Team Center / SAP skills a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent Time management skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Hands on electrical or mechanical assembly experience.
- Experience working with magnetic sensors, electronics packaging
- Use of basic hand tools, soldering equipment.
- BSEE or BSME required
- MSEE preferred
- 5 years minimum electro-mechanical experience required
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.