Your Career Begins at Timken Aurora Bearing Company
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken Aurora Bearing Company, a leading manufacturer of rod end and spherical bearing products for the aircraft and commercial industrial market is seeking to add to our 200 + associate team. Timken Aurora is located near the Fox River in Montgomery, Illinois, and has been in business since 1972. Timken Aurora is a solid company with a stable workforce and is well positioned in our core markets while being sufficiently diversified to minimize the impact of market cycles.
Timken Aurora offers competitive pay and an excellent benefits package that includes 401(k), Medical, Prescription, Dental, Life, Short-term/Long-term Disability, Paid Vacations/Holidays, and EAP Services.
Position Summary: The Tool Room Lead position, 1st shift operations, will be responsible for guidance and instruction to immediate reports, providing support to 1st and 2nd shift production requirements. Responsibilities include purchasing of necessary tooling and materials, set up and operate both conventional and CNC machine tools to fabricate and repair production tooling, dies, jigs, fixtures, and inspection tools by performing the following duties listed below. The Tool Room Lead reports to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide leadership to oversee and direct daily Tool Room activities to meet and support requirements of all production and quality assurance departments.
- Work with M.E. Manager to assess performance and needed skills of Tool Room personnel and to assess necessary Tool Room equipment.
- Review documentation such as work orders, drawings, sketches, models, or descriptions, and to visualize product to determine materials and tooling required, and machines to be used to fabricate tooling.
- Set-up and operate conventional and CNC machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, hydraulic press, and surface grinders, to machine parts, and verify conformance of production tooling to requirements.
- Fit and assemble parts together and into assemblies and mechanisms.
- Inspect and verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances.
- Heat treat tools or parts.
- Examine standard or previously used tooling, dies, jigs, and fixtures, and recommend design modifications regarding construction and function of part.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience: High School diploma and preferable 7 years minimum experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Forklift License and Hardness Tester certification required.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.