Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of the Role:
Provide technical leadership, direction, analysis, and project management to support the design and implementation of strategic initiatives for Timken's Aerospace bearing manufacturing facilities. Technical expertise at a corporate level is necessary to support capacity addition, new product introduction, product rationalization and continuous improvement activities.
- SOLUTION DEVELOPMENT - Specify and select technology for new processes or equipment upgrades, lead process development / installation and deliver total process documentation to the plants.
- TECHNOLOGY TRANSFORMATION - Create deployment plans for newly developed processes in conjunction with Process Technology and Manufacturing teams as needed.
- PRODUCT RATIONALIZATION - Perform manufacturing benchmarking analysis and process cost comparisons across plants.
- MANUFACTURING CI - Support continuous improvement efforts to increase throughput, improve quality, reduce costs, and enhance safety. Work with manufacturing plant to identify opportunities, provide recommendations, and lead implementation.
- CAPITAL PROJECTS - Provide information necessary for submission of Appropriation Requests (AR's). Forecast/track expenditure and timely completion of project within the approved budget.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT - Coordinate project using appropriate planning and tracking methodology. Implements corrective actions when necessary to assure timely completion.
- TECHNICAL SUPPORT: Provide technical assistance for manufacturing plants.
- TRAVEL - International and domestic travel is required and averages 25% of the time throughout the year.
- Broad based understanding of manufacturing operations including quality systems/requirements, shop floor information systems, lean, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in complex machining technology (turning, milling, drilling) and adequate understanding of related manufacturing processes including thermal treatment, finishing, assembly, inspection, metrology, electrical / machine controls, automation, tool design
- Strong engineering and analytical ability, including root cause problem solving, capability studies, process modeling, cost estimation, CAD
- Ability to transfer engineering and process knowledge into shop floor instructions.
- Project management capabilities with good communication skills and demonstrated ability to drive timely completion of projects.
- General knowledge of bearing industry (tapered, spherical, cylindrical, or ball)
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial/Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 10 years experience or Master's degree in Industrial/Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 7 years experience in manufacturing or process development.
- Requirement is for the associate to be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Green Card holder due to accesses to munitions/ITAR restricted data.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.