Join our leadership team in our Chicago (Northlake), IL facility. You will directly manage 1 lead and 12 associates focused on inventory accuracy, cycle counts and strategic process improvements.
- 3 to 5 years of experience with inventory management.
- 4+ years directly managing inventory associates.
- Inventory Management in a high-sku count, high velocity is essential.
- Management of high dollar inventory
- Experience with accounting basics and financial impact of inventory.
- Ability to manage between 20-30K SKUs valued at $40+ million.
- SAP or similar ERP.
- Proficiency with MS Office to include Excel for reporting.
HD Supply (www.hdsupply.com) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 300,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations. Through 44 distribution centers, in the U.S. and Canada, the company's approximately 5,500 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including will call, direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Manages supply and product management and distribution using a tracking system for inventory control, shipping, and receiving. Plans, implements, and manages policies and procedures to optimize inventory control and reduce waste. Develops and implements standard operating procedures for inventory control, including assessing on-hand stock amounts, cycle counts, stock replenishment, proper locations, and product number labels. Works closely with Supply Chain to ensure all line items are recorded and received.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Performs daily analyses to predict potential inventory problems. Reviews deliveries and shipments to update inventory. Prepares and/or reviews detailed reports on inventory control operations, stock levels, cycle counts, and inventory adjustments.
- Manages inventory loss and gain and provides insights to process gaps that drive results. Provides guidance regarding inventory variances.
- Drives inventory processes for large distribution center operations. Creates action plans to address inventory issues and process deficiencies by inbound, outbound, and/or transportation departments to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Plans and organizes the efficient and economical movement of in stock inventory.
- Participates in the distribution center planning process. Monitors budgets and prepares recommendations concerning staffing decisions. Selects and manages inventory control and customer service staff, conducts performance appraisals, and ensures associate development.
- Prepares and takes physical inventories and performs all facets of reconciliation for the distribution center.
- Serves as a liaison with asset protection and operations leaders to ensure issues are appropriately reported and resolved.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience.
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
- Usually located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort, such as dust, fumes, or odors.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
Job Locations US-IL-Northlake - US-IL-Chicago
Job ID 2021-42164
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Operations
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 60164
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.