HD Supply (www.hdsupply.com) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 300,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations. Through 44 distribution centers, in the U.S. and Canada, the company's approximately 5,500 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including will call, direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Research and source items for all special order requests in assigned product lines. Responsible for processing all return requests, and reconciling all invoice discrepancies for these items.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Researches, sources and assigns margins on special orders by determining appropriate margin for non-catalog items under an assigned dollar amount that are in a specific product category. Completes the special order purchase process within specified timeframe.
- Determines customer product needs, conducts price negotiations with both vendors and customers, and determines final customer price.
- Maintains vendor pricing catalogs and vendor contact information, conduct vendor training as needed for call center staff, works with vendors to ensure all documentation is completed and calls vendors for order status and updates.
- Reconciles accounts payable discrepancies by reviewing all invoice discrepancies on special order parts and providing payment instructions.
- Responsible to process returns for customers and ensure systems are updated to reflect issues and resolution.
- Follows up on unaccepted customer quotes with the intention to convert to a sale. Verifies quote information is current and accurate (i.e. PO numbers, payment terms, pricing and part numbers).
- Ensures accuracy on all inbound and outbound information for assigned product categories.
Nature and Scope
- May modify processes to resolve situations.
- Under limited supervision, relies on experience and exercises independent judgment to determine the best approach to achieve desired outcomes. Course of action is often determined by interpreting procedures and policies. Work typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor or direct customers of the process.
- Is sought out and/or assigned to provide general guidance/direction, training, and technical assistance to junior level support personnel. Contributes to employees' professional development but does not have hiring/firing authority.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- No travel required.
Education and Experience
- Technical certification or associate degree may be required in some areas. Generally 5-7 years of experience in a related area of responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- 3 years of maintenance, repair, and /or operation industry experience.
- Experience in a customer service or call center environment.
- Associates degree preferred.
- Bilingual preferred.
Job Locations US-TX-New Braunfels
Job ID 2021-43107
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Customer Service
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 78130
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.