NPI Science Writer
NPI Science Writer
Thorlabs, a leading manufacturer of equipment for the photonics industry, is currently seeking applications from highly motivated individuals to create effective presentations that inform and educate the photonics community about Thorlabs' new products and their applications. The ideal candidate will hold an advanced degree in physics, optics, lasers, or a closely related field and have significant hands-on laboratory experience.
Within this role in our NPI Marketing Department, you will join a team of highly motivated individuals who have built an industry-leading online resource for our customers and participate in ensuring that new product presentations continue to provide the same depth of layered details to assist with buying decisions. In support of that mission, the successful candidate should be highly familiar with a wide range of photonics equipment and be able to see linkages between Thorlabs' product lines. In addition to extensive laboratory experience, the candidate should also have strong writing and presentation skills in English, excellent organizational skills, the ability to work under time constraints, and a desire to learn about new technologies.
NPI Science Writers work closely with graphic artists to create marketing collateral for the website. Original product content is based on basic information provided by Thorlabs' engineering teams as well as prior knowledge gained from using similar products in the field. Hence, this position requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
NPI Science Writer position is located at our headquarters in Newton, NJ, but there may be opportunities to travel to tradeshows or other Thorlabs manufacturing locations.
- Develops effective technical content in support of new product introduction (NPI), ensuring customers can make informed decisions on which product(s) best serve their needs
- Develops and implements proposals for website organization to facilitate NPI, ensuring customers with varying backgrounds and expertise can find what they are looking for amidst a portfolio of 20,000 products
- Ensures strong cross linkage for new products across the site
- In crafting presentations, aims to make customers efficient when it comes to making a buying decision
- Oversees supersessions/obsolescence of products associated with NPI
- Builds application examples that help customers understand how products are utilized within a lab environment
- Guides graphics staff, clearly and effectively communicating desired outcomes to obtain the necessary images, videos, and animations for a successful presentation
- Participates in defining new products and/or product enhancements
- Structures and organizes the job in close cooperation with business units, both domestically and abroad
- Advanced degree in Physics, Optics, Lasers, Engineering, or a closely related field or equivalent work experience
- Native Language Writing Skills in English
- Extensive Laboratory Experience
- Strong Organizational and Planning Skills
- Ability to Multitask, Be Detail Oriented, and to --Solve Problems, All While Under Tight Time Constraints
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Thorlabs seeks to accelerate the forward movement of scientific discovery and advancement! As a vertically integrated manufacturer of photonics components, instruments, and systems, our vast product portfolio includes over 20,000 items, ranging from optics and optomechanical positioning components to imaging systems, many of which are customer inspired.
Photonics is the foremost technology driving innovation in science and engineering. As the number of technological innovations has grown, Thorlabs has extended its core competencies in an effort to play an ever increasing role serving the Photonics Industry at the research end, as well as the industrial, life science, medical, and defense segments.
Headquartered in Newton, NJ, Thorlabs has grown to over 1800 employees with manufacturing and sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Sweden, Japan, China, and Brazil. As light-based technologies push into new markets, Thorlabs plans to enter early with the products and services required to ensure the ultimate success of our customers.