Thorlabs is a manufacturer of photonics components, instruments, and systems. Our vast product portfolio includes over 20,000 items, ranging from optics and optomechanical positioning components to imaging systems. Thorlabs has extended its core competencies in an effort to play an ever-increasing role serving the Photonics Industry at the research end, as well as the industrial, life science, medical, and defense segments. Headquartered in Newton, NJ, Thorlabs has grown to over 1800 employees with manufacturing and sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Sweden, Japan, China, and Brazil.
Thorlabs encourages its employees to grow during their time with the organization by providing several benefits. Our benefits include full tuition assistance, internal advancement opportunities, health insurance (Thorlabs pays up to 75%), eye care and dental, 401k, and several wellness programs.
Maintain mechanical equipment, control and automation systems, electronic, plumbing and pneumatic equipment used in thin film coating production.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
• The key role is to ensure that developing and performing effective preventive maintenance procedures to avoid equipment failures.
• Responsible for maintenance, assemble and test vacuum equipment
• Perform regular inspections to identify and correct equipment malfunctions, repairs and replacements.
• Analyze root causes of equipment failures and propose corrective actions
• Read and understand technical manuals and drawings for equipment operations and maintenances.
• Maintain documentation of equipment maintenance and repair procedures for future reference procedures.
• Develop cost reduction initiatives by effective utilization of materials and resources.
• Demonstrated success in developing others, building a successful team, facilitating change, aligning performance to company values. Provide training and technical support to coating lab technicians, engineers and maintenance team.
• Complies with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar and progressive position with vacuum equipment maintenance experience.
• Mechanical, electrical work experience
• Strong experience Maintaining and repairing coating equipment.
• Minimum High School Diploma required or equivalent
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
• Strong sense of ownership and work ethic, written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
• Proficient computer skills
• Strong ability to work well in a group atmosphere, and comply with high quality standards.
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.