Thorlabs is a vertically integrated manufacturer of photonics components, instruments, and systems. Our vast product portfolio includes over 20,000 items, ranging from optics and optomechanical positioning components to imaging systems, many of which are customer inspired. Thorlabs has extended its core competencies in an effort to play an ever-increasing role serving the Photonics Industry at the research end, as well as the industrial, life science, medical, and defense segments. Headquartered in Newton, NJ, Thorlabs has grown to over 1800 employees with manufacturing and sales offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Sweden, Japan, China, and Brazil.
Thorlabs encourages its employees to grow during their time with the organization by providing several benefits. Our benefits include full tuition assistance, internal advancement opportunities, health insurance (Thorlabs pays up to 75%), eye care and dental, 401k, and several wellness programs.
This position is responsible for prepping part to be ground and polished with CNC equipment as well operating the CNC equipment.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
• Perform basic CNC operation including grinding, polishing, surfacing, cleaning and inspection
• Make adjustments to established CNC programs with minimal supervision
• Select and adjust tooling changes as needed with minimal supervision
• Read and understand spec sheets, blue prints, work orders and work instructions
• Perform visual inspections of optics for defects related to fabrication.
• Perform optical tests including interferometry and profilometer tests to determine optical quality
• Perform cleaning operations to keep work area machinery maintained
• Complies with safety regulations and maintains clean and orderly work areas.
• Keeps supervisor apprised of unresolved and/or potential problems that would negatively affect production.
• 1 year minimum experience in conventional optics manufacturing
• Manual Machine shop milling and turning experience is a plus
• Understand all aspects of blue prints
• High School diploma or equivalent required, AA or BA/BS degree is desirable
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
• Good manual dexterity
• Proficient math skills
• Ability to follow directions
• Good communication skills
• Blue print reading
• Analytical troubleshooting / problem solving
• Basic computer skills, including familiarity and use of Microsoft Office applications
• Decision making
• Good hand / eye coordination
**Please be sure to complete an application on the Company's career site for consideration.
Direct Link: https://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=3564781
Career Site: https//www.thorlabs.com and select "Careers" at the bottom of the page.
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.