Outside Sales Account Manager - Healthcare/Senior Living (Long Island, NY)
As an Outside Sales Account Manager you will be responsible for selling MRO (maintenance, repair and operations) supplies and healthcare products to Independent Living, Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing facilities. The focus is to maintain and grow sales through consultative sales and relationship building with the customers. This B2B account manager is responsible for an established portfolio of customers from Brooklyn east to Coram. The position offers a competitive base salary plus sales incentive bonus. A laptop/tablet (HP X2), cell phone and monthly expenses are included.
HD Supply (www.hdsupply.com) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 300,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 44 Distribution Centers in 25 states and 2 Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 5,500 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success.
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for profitably growing sales to achieve yearly growth goals through the development of relationships with emphasis on solutions for emerging industries and markets. Responsible for prospecting for new accounts, retaining existing accounts, and increasing opportunities with new and existing customers using a consultative selling approach to deliver value to our customers. Grow sales by identifying key opportunities and recommending programs and product that support the customer business model. Provide service to meet customer needs through knowledge of the company service capabilities, programs, and HD Supply product offering to achieve maximum market penetration. This position requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 20% of the average work week. If selected for this position, HD Supply will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Manages and grows sales volume with existing and new customers. Prospects successfully to expand the customer base with the expectation of incremental growth.
- Develops and implements plans to expand business presence for a portfolio and/or obtain new sales business.
- Sells based on company value proposition by identifying key growth opportunities of HD Supply product and services offerings.
- Develops and sustains sales relationships with key decision makers and influencers on all levels of an organization to attain sales goal.
- Shares market and competitor information with all applicable channels within the organization and establishes relationships and working partnerships with all levels.
- Participates in all local trade shows. Attends monthly business meetings for all business sponsored associations.
- Utilizes reporting to analyze customer buying trends and develop plans to qualify and engage new customers. Penetrates multiple buying types within an organization.
- Remains up-to-date on product improvements, industry, and technical knowledge.
Nature and Scope
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information, that produce effective end results.
- Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to results expected. Determines and develops approach to solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues.
- May oversee the completion of projects and assignments, including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Contributes to employees professional development but does not have hiring or firing authority.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 5-8 years of experience in related field; certification is required in some areas OR MS/MA and generally 3-5 years of experience in related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- 3 or more years business to business (B2B) field sales experience.
- Direct sales to HD Supply facility customers and industry product line.
- Large volume of product lines experience.
- Organizational skills and knowledge of handheld technology.
- Knowledge of facilities products such as hardware, electrical, lighting, plumbing, janitorial and HVAC product lines.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Salesforce, or similar CRM.
- Experience with consultative selling/solution selling.
- Proven ability to meet or exceed sales goals in a remote position.
Job Locations US-NY-Queens
Job ID 2021-43700
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Sales
Remote Position? Yes
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 11377
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.