Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken aerospace division facility in Lebanon, NH is part of Timken's world-leading manufacturing team; with more than 18,000 employees across 35 countries. Our team engineers, manufactures, and delivers the highest quality products keeping industry in motion.
- We offer unique career opportunities for well experienced and entry level team members.
- We will train you and help you advance (members of our Sr. Leadership team have mastered these positions as part of their career advancement).
- Comprehensive benefits offerings including; medical, dental, vision, retirement (401k), life, AD&D, short & long term disability, group legal, tuition reimbursement, generous time off.
- Annual bonuses to boost your earnings potential
- Timken Aerospace employees are first class; winners of the Green Globe Award, Lockheed Martin Sikorsky's Gold award, and Timken's Top Quality Award
The primary function of an assembly technician is to carry out operations related to the production of bearing assemblies. This includes, but is not limited to, pre-assembly inspection, assembly, preload, utility, etch (marking), final inspection, lube and packaging.
- Assembler: Perform diversified hand and bench assembly and measuring operations to assemble a wide variety of sizes and types of precision ball and roller bearings and related items to required specifications within limitations of accepted practices. Components delivered to area by others.
- Preload: Perform diversified preload operating and grinding duties to meet specified company/customer bearing preload and grinding specifications/requirements within the limitations of accepted practices. Plan preload sequence, measure parts and/or components and make necessary calculations. Change tooling, make setups on preload equipment to face flushness and axial yield requirements, stack height with micrometers, and greased assembled bearings.
- In-Process Inspector: Perform any/all in-process inspections and bench inspections determinations on the manufacturing floor and Pre-Assembly or Assembly and Final Inspection to visually and dimensionally check and inspect components or assemblies in various stages within limitations of accredited practices.
- Engraver: Perform various engraving operations including simple setups for engraving various metal bearing components with letters, numerals and graduating marks suing controlled scriber engraving machines following established procedures.
- Precision Package/Lube: Perform various washing and intermediate packaging duties on assembled precision bearings for final packaging in accordance with customer/company requirements following established procedures. Perform all functions related to normal washings, lubrications and packaging including SOP 65 washing, greasing and oiling, weigh scales and all types of packaging, polybags, vials, envelopes, etc.
- Precision Washer/Packager/Labeler: Perform various printing operations on a computerized printing machine in preparing labels, envelopes, and boxes for shipment of bearings including data entry into programmed machine following established procedures. Perform all requirements of a Packer/Luber.
- Assembly Test Stand: Plan and perform diversified tool crib and mechanic duties including ordering, issuing, storing, troubleshooting, set-up, repairing, and maintaining activities for assembly department tooling within limitations of accepted practice. Responsible for proper maintenance and maintaining accurate records. Order assembly tooling according to manufacturing requirements and company specifications.
- Utility: Perform diversified secondary assembly setup; troubleshooting duties including a variety of hand, bench and gauging operations to assemble various secondary bearing and components within limitations of accepted practices.
- RGM Processor: This position's primary function is to disposition and turn around customer returns. Perform all White Room operations necessary to disassemble, rework, rebuild and reship product returned from the customer. Including but not limited to assembly, marking, utility, inspection, lube and pack. Process all customer returned goods documents. Maintain weekly reports. Works closely with Quality and WRM Coordinator to meet schedule deadlines.
- Bearing Washer: Perform various bearing washer duties to wash various bearings and components prior to and following final inspection following established procedures. Verify component revision letters, parts, numbers, and quality when issued from Stockroom.
- Documentation -Clerk-Final Inspection: Perform a variety of clerical duties and procedures related to the entire Final Inspection area following prescribed methods.
General Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent; post-secondary or trades education preferred
- Basic computer skills; including MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Above average mechanical aptitude and shop math competencies
- Strong ability to follow written and verbal work instructions
- Problem solving methodology for troubleshooting
- Use of hands, legs, both near/far vision, and hearing test. Must be able to climb ladders and lift up to 30 pounds. Requires extensive periods of walking and standing.
Timken is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We provide priority referrals of protected veterans.
US Citizen or Green card are required for some positions.
Lebanon, NH - Recruiting contact: Amy Bardos
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.