HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) (www.hdsupply.com) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for identifying opportunities to improve productivity, quality, and cost via data and process analysis, and technology adoption. Participate in the design and implementation of new supply chain systems across a regional network of distribution centers. Serve as a change agent to align internal and external partners to drive transformative initiatives. Identify and recommend value added net new technology, quantifies value, and recommends adoption plan.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Identifies, gathers, and synthesizes raw operational and supply chain data for analysis. Determines data and process anomalies and recommends action plans for resolution.
- Presents actionable insights to drive data clean up, process improvement, compliance, improved technology utilization, or new technology adoption.
- Supports enhanced technology utilization or net new technology adoption efforts through data analysis, process observation, and soliciting user feedback. Collaborates cross-functionally and with third party consultants to drive technology transformation initiatives.
- Supports training and problem resolution for internal and external customers to drive successful design, implementation, and sustainability of supply chain systems solutions.
- Assists in the development of decision support tools and financial models to analyze the cost/benefit tradeoffs of technology solutions.
- Collaborates with DC associates, management, senior leaders, and consultants to drive successful design, implementation, and sustainability of supply chain systems solutions.
- Documents business requirements, functional and system design, processes, and procedures.
- Performs data management through a combination of data mining, data modeling, data analysis, and/or problem analysis.
Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or direct customers of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support or professional personnel.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- BS/BA degree in quantitative/analytical related discipline (Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics, Business, Economics or Information Systems).
- Experience Leading, Managing, or Driving Improvement in a Distribution Warehouse Environment or Identifying and Driving Strategic Process Improvement
- Experience Designing Distribution Warehouses, Manufacturing Facilities, or Department/Process Layout and Re-Design
- Experience Executing Warehouse Design, Build, and Moves/Re-Locations
- Experience Operationalizing and/or Retrofitting Warehouses for New Systems, Technology, and Automation
- Experience Designing, Building, Testing, Implementing, Supporting, or Enhancing: SAP EWM, SAP WM, TMS, LMS, Last Mile Delivery Solutions, or Automation/Robotics
- Experience with SQL (data pulls, reporting development, scripts, etc.), Tableau, and Other Advanced Analytics and Visualization Platforms
- Desire to Work in a Fast Paced and Customer Oriented Environment Driving High Value and High Visibility Change and Transformation
Job Locations US-GA-Atlanta
Job ID 2021-41974
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Operations
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 30339
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.