USABlueBook is a Business Unit within HD Supply and is the nation's leading distributor of Maintenance, Repair, and Operational Supplies to the Water & Wastewater Industry. USABlueBook helps to protect and provide clean water to municipalities serving populations of 3,000 - 30,000 people, strategic large metropolitan areas, and strategic industrial markets. Customer delight is driven by Consultative sales representatives, supported by live Customer Service hours of operation convenient for customers from coast to coast and a Supply Chain that ships 95% of in-stock items the same day provided orders are received by 6:00 p.m. Eastern time.
Associate satisfaction and fulfillment is driven by a fast paced, flexible, agile, entrepreneurial, work environment!
HD Supply (www.hdsupply.com) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 300,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 44 Distribution Centers in 25 states and 2 Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 5,500 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success.
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible to profitably grow sales to achieve yearly goals as a sales consultant for emerging industries and markets to include prospecting new accounts, retaining existing accounts, and increasing opportunities with existing customers. This position requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 20% of the average work week. If selected for this position, the company will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Manages sales volume with an existing group of customers and prospects new accounts to expand the customer base.
- Develops and implements plans to expand business presence in assigned area. Shares market and competitor information with all applicable channels.
- Develops and sustains sales relationships with key decision makers and influencers on all levels of the organization.
- Attends monthly business meetings for company sponsored associations. Participates in all local trade shows, and, if required, similar regional / national activities.
- Assists in training or mentoring of associates.
Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or direct customers of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support or professional personnel.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering, Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Water / wastewater experience preferred
- Strong background / experience in sales
- Sound industry and process knowledge.
- Knowledge / trained in Consultative Selling Skills..
Job Locations US-PA-Philadelphia - US-PA-Harrisburg - US-PA-Reading
Job ID 2021-42140
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Sales
Remote Position? Yes
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 19019
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.