Now Offering a $500 sign-on bonus!*
Where: Hanover, MD (1020 Airport 100 Way)
Type: Seasonal Full-Time
Wage: $16.00/hour and up based on experience
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 11:00am-7:30pm with overtime as needed.
Our mission is to build our cities and keep them running. Our Warehouse Associates connect our customers with the goods they need to make this happen.
Click the link for a preview of what to expect while working at HD Supply!
HD Supply is an Essential Business Service:
As an "essential business service" HD Supply remains operational in all locations. We are adhering to all social distancing guidance to the maximum extent possible in all areas, including deliveries. To learn more about what COVID-19 safety precautions are being taken by HD Supply to protect associates, visit our FAQ page here:https://hdsupply.jobs/faqs/
In this job, you'll do things like:
- Use a Voice Pick (Jennifer) headset technology to seek out and confirm product locations and quantities.
- Following company procedures while operating an Order Picker machine or Electric Pallet Jack to select, move, or transport product throughout the warehouse.
- Select orders, verify stock and inventory levels, and assist other areas of the warehouse with achieving production (lines per hour) goals.
Must-haves to apply for this job:
- 18+ years of age
- Able to pass a drug test
- Able to do things like lift up to 50lbs, walk, move, push, and pull product throughout the day
- Able to speak clear and articulate English due to Voice Pick system
- Picking experience in a Distribution Center environment
What will give you an edge:
- Electric Pallet Jack or Order Picker experience
- History of acheiving production rates
- Don't worry, we think you'll love it here! HD Supply's company culture and top-notch benefits are unparalleled. However, you must remain employed a minimum of 90 days in order to be eligible to receive the sign-on bonus ($500). You also must be employed at the time of the payout.
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for specialized warehouse tasks in loading, unloading, order pulling, shipping, returns, forklift, fabrication, counter, or may have a generalized role working in all departments. This is a temporary role that supports cyclical or peak business periods only.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
Complete tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, picking, stocking, staging, fabrication and transportation of goods.
Load and unload materials to and from designated storage area, such as racks, shelves, or vehicles. Stack or pile materials, such as lumber, boards, or pallets
Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
Verify computations against physical count of stock.
Maintains condition of work area (i.e. free of trash, product in correct location, etc.). Follows company safety policies and procedures and encourages other associates to do the same.
Receive and fill orders or sell supplies, materials, and products to installers and subcontractors.
May drive truck to pick up incoming stock or deliver materials to designated locations or operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete tasks.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
No travel required.
Education and Experience
HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Job Locations US-MD-Hanover
Job ID 2021-43257
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Warehouse
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 21076
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.