HD Supply (www.hdsupply.com) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 300,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations. Through 44 distribution centers, in the U.S. and Canada, the company's approximately 5,500 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including will call, direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Researches, analyzes, and recommends improvements to business processes that improve distribution center performance. Executes improvement initiatives that focus on enhanced safety, increased productivity, and reduced cost.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Drives the implementation and adoption of process innovations across the distribution network, including documenting and standardizing operating procedures and distribution processes.
- Develops and maintains labor standards, labor management system configuration, and distribution center reporting.
- Performs -test and learns- to create processes that increase customer value, reduce costs, and increase building capacity.
- Determines the root cause of performance defects through data analysis, data decomposition, and process observation.
- Collaborates with business partners across functional areas in support of supply chain initiatives.
- Performs data collection and analyses for process mapping, budget development, and cost to determine project feasibility.
- Develops project plans, communicates business process changes, and manages project priorities to meet schedules and budgets.
- Ensures process controls are defined, implemented, and monitored to sustain results.
Nature and Scope
- Displays the highest level of critical thinking and analysis in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-departmental problems. Makes prompt, sound decisions when faced with complex and often contradictory alternatives that result in successful outcomes.
- Operates with considerable latitude. Situations may have little or no precedent requiring original or new concepts or approaches without guidance from others. Reaches decisions under conditions of uncertainty.
- Develops or engages/directs others in developing innovative solutions to important, highly complex strategic and operating problems; cross-departmental considerations are often present.
- Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors, such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
- Most of the time is spent sitting or standing in the same location and/or there may be a need to stoop regularly or move/lift light material or equipment (typically less than 8 pounds).
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 8+ years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 5+ years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- 7+ years of experience in industrial and systems engineering in a manufacturing, production, or distribution environment.
- Master's degree in business administration, logistics, supply chain, engineering, mathematics, or a related area.
- Experience in distribution operations, labor management, or performance management.
- Strong project management, data analysis, and forecasting skills.
- Knowledge and training in Six Sigma, Lean Enterprise, or other continuous improvement methodology.
Job Locations US-TX-Dallas
Job ID 2021-42192
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Operations
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.