Maintenance Mechanic / Technician
Responsible for maintaining and repairing production equipment which will include preventative maintenance to ensure the operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. Although the location of the position is in Newton, NJ, from time to time it may be required to undertake duties at other ThorLabs locations.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
Inspect, operate, or test machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
Dismantle machines, equipment, or devices to access and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, or power tools.
Perform routine maintenance, such as inspecting drives, motors, or belts, checking fluid levels, replacing filters, or doing other preventive maintenance actions.
Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as necessary.
Repair machines, equipment, or structures, using tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, wrenches, or equipment such as precision measuring instruments or electrical or electronic testing devices.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in mechanical/electrical repair practices.
- High School Diploma or equivalent or equivalent work experience
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of machine design and operation
- Knowledge of and experience with electronic test equipment, electrical and mechanical systems
- Ability to read parts manuals, electrical and mechanical schematics, assembly instructions, and troubleshooting guides
- Familiarity with operating and setting up CNC equipment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Must be capable of lifting up to 50lbs and be able to climb in and out of machines while making repairs