Lovejoy, a company in the Timken family of brands, is hiring a Maintenance Supervisor.
The purpose of the role is to lead the facilities and maintenance personnel in Lovejoy's production facilities located in Downers Grove, IL and South Haven, MI.
This position is responsible for all the facilities and maintenance functions across all shifts for both plants. Facilities and maintenance functions include responsive facilities and equipment maintenance, predictive/preventive maintenance programs, plant mechanical systems, maintenance systems, property management, supply inventory management, and budgeting and expense management.
- Develop and maintain a high-performing team through the selection, development, motivation and leadership of facilities and maintenance team members.
- Lead the day-to-day responsive facilities and equipment maintenance actions for the plant, ensuring rapid response to issues and proper resource prioritization to optimize production performance.
- Provide regular on-site support and technical assistance to staff to ensure the job is progressing as planned.
- Drive a culture of safety through the training and development of team members, identifying and eliminating/controlling exposure to safety hazards, and maintaining effective organization and housekeeping practices.
- Lead the development, implementation, and management of effective maintenance programs to improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs with a focus on preventive and predictive maintenance activities.
- Guide the development and execution of a facilities and maintenance plan that supports the long-term success of the plants.
- Ensure compliance of facilities and maintenance related activities with all internal and external requirements and regulations.
- Lead the development, implementation and management of maintenance systems, analyzing and utilizing data to guide the overall facilities and maintenance strategy and KPI reporting.
- Support the capital planning and execution process, including item identification and prioritization, project justification, project management, and progress reporting.
- Lead facility and equipment improvement projects from conception to completion.
- Maintain technical manuals and equipment sheets needed for troubleshooting and maintenance activities.
- Lead the management of outside contractors for facilities and maintenance related activities.
- Manage the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment ensuring that spending is controlled and in alignement with budgets and business needs.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, squatting, bending, kneeling, climbing and working in awkward positions and tight areas).
- A minimum of 5 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing setting, preferably in a maintenance leadership role or providing direct input to the facilities/maintenance organization.
- Must have experience in a variety of areas including all facets of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic components of equipment and systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose machine issues as well as anticipating potential problems. Key is determining the root causes of any failures and then working to choose the best repair options available, keeping in mind the sensitivity of production needs. Since systems and equipment are sometimes unique, associates need to be flexible and innovative.
- Must be familiar with safety rules and regulations and adept at identifying hazards and appropriate precautions.
- Familiar with fabrication tools and techniques (turning, milling, welding, etc.)
- Must be flexible with work schedule and have ability to work overtime, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Must be able to travel regularly between facilities and as needed.
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Associate's degree is required, preferably in industrial maintenance technology or electromechanical
- Bachelor's degree is preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in electrical, mechanical, and welding is required; 5 or more years of experience is preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.