Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
iMS, a company in the Timken family of brands, is looking for a CNC Machinist.
Intelligent Machine Solutions, Inc. (iMS) is a locally-owned, Michigan designer and manufacturer of standard and custom machinery, primarily for the automation industry and across many applications. The company was started in 2008 to provide solutions, engineered and manufactured in the USA, to the under-served industrial automation markets. IMS processes have been developed from decades of experience in tier one automation and machine tool design and build, providing us with the perfect mix of knowledge to build machine tool grade products for the automation industry.
- Engineering: IMS' in house engineering group works with SolidWorks 3D design software. We can take your concept, and turn it into reality.
- Fabrication: IMS' in house fabrication group utilize state of the art welding equipment, as well as custom welding fixtures to produce the best quality weldments.
- Machining: IMS' in house machining group utilize custom CNC mills (8 meter and 12 meter), CAD to path programming, and quality cutting tools to machine more accurately than any other machinery manufacturer.
- Assembly & Installation: IMS' assembly group puts the finishing touch on all of our machines. Putting multiple welded and machined parts together to produce easy to assemble machinery for our customers.
Primary Job Functions:
- Keep spindle running
- Run CNC Boring Mill / Large-format machining
- 8 meter and 12 meter Boring Mills with Fanuc Panels and Manual Tool Changing
- Setup Tooling during long cycle operations
- Setup Large Parts online and offline
- Maintain production schedule and cycle times
- Keep workspace clean and maintained
- Perform routine maintenance on machine(s) and work centers
- Daily cleaning of work area
- Track schedule
Required skills and experience:
- Haas panel experience preferred.
- Applicant must be able to walk, stand, climb, lift up and/or move up to 50 pounds, see, hear and use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- High School Graduate or Equivalant.
- Legally authorized to work in the US.
Work week Mon-Fri (7:00 am - 3:00 pm / 3:00 pm - 11 pm); overtime and weekends as needed.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.