Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Application Engineering is a key value that we provide to our customers. The role ensures the proper use of our products and often leads directly to business won. They often have the ear of and relationships with key decision makers within our customer organizations and are an essential asset to our sales team. The incumbent ensures that this team is trained, effective, efficient and working on the right activity to maintain and grow our business in the markets essential to the success of the business.
- Assists Sales Department by interfacing with customers to provide belt drive solutions.
- Issues computerized belt specifications which dictate materials used, dimensions, tolerances, and inspection methods for the manufacture of all types of Carlisle belt products.
- Gathers and provides information on belt problem areas to Sales, Marketing, and Belt Development departments for immediate and future action.
- Assists Manufacturing with issues related to belt specifications.
- Assists customers through the use of in-house computer programs to provide belt life predictions, dimensions, materials required, and recommended belt types.
- Initiates engineering change requests (ECR's) for introduction of new belt specifications and changes to existing belt specifications in order to support customer changes and internal requirements.
- Interfaces with all research and development departments on materials requirements, dynamic and static belt testing, manufacturing issues and special analytical requirements such as chemical attack of belt compounds.
- Submits product to the test department and/or material science group for product performance and material analysis
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field, 5 years Engineering experience preferred
- Works well cross functionally and in a team environment
- Basic understanding of products and their applications
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Problem solving skills
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.