Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of the Role:
The manager of digital workplace services is responsible for the strategy and staff that delivers digital workplace technology and services. The manager of DWS has global accountability for all digital workplace services functions, including support operations, enablement, and engineering. The manager of DWS collaborates with IT and business leaders to set the vision, mission and strategic direction of the digital workplace and employee experience improvements.The manager of digital workplace services is responsible for the strategy and staff that delivers digital workplace technology and services. The manager of DWS collaborates with IT and business leaders to set the vision, mission and strategic direction of the digital workplace and employee experience improvements.
- Direct the end-user services and engineering teams responsible for service requests, release coordination, end-user communications, reporting, and maintaining DWS technologies and integrations with adjacent technologies.
- Champion Digital Workplace programs and operations by setting and sharing program goals and measuring and demonstrating impact.
- Monitor new technologies and platforms and provide direction on the emerging technologies that should be assimilated, integrated, and introduced within DWS to ensure IT capabilities respond to business demands.
- Establish digital workplace strategy and roadmaps that build upon innovations in workplace technologies to deliver connected user experiences, increase workforce digital dexterity and productivity.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives targeting employee awareness, adoption, and satisfaction.
- Sponsor DWS projects in collaboration with other IT teams, senior IT management and internal business leaders.
- Develop and manage the annual DWS (operating and capital expenditure) budget to ensure it is consistent with overall IT and company objectives.
- Day-to-day coaching and mentoring of direct reports to continuously improve team competencies and capabilities.
Technical and Functional Skills:
- Experience and broad working knowledge of digital workplace applications and services
- Demonstrated administrative, financial, performance management and vendor management skills
- Proven business partnership with leaders globally to set direction based on high-level guidance; embraces ambiguity as an empowerment opportunity
- Proven financial management skills in the areas of budgets, cost control, and cost reduction
- Experience leading cross-functional teams in a diverse matrixed environment
- Visible leadership skills; can motivate individuals and teams to achieve business and IT objectives
- A critical thinker; analytical and focused on continuous improvement
- Exceptional service-oriented mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to explain technology solutions in business terms
- Bachelor's Degree in business management, computer science, computer engineering, or related field.
- 8 years of previous experience in information systems, technical support, and help desk
- Master's Degree in business management, computer science, computer engineering, or related field.
- 10 years of previous experience in information systems, technical support, and help desk
- Previous people management experience
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.