Where: Burlington, NJ (1100 John Galt Way)
Type: Full Time Non-Exempt
Wage: $20.00/hour and up based on experience.
Benefits: Full-Time associates enjoy Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid-Time Off, Sick Time, Tuition Reimbursement, and more!
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday; 7:00am-4:00pm with overtime as needed.
In this job, you'll do things like:
- Maintain the physical appearance and operation of the Distribution Center by completing and documenting plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and interior/exterior finish repairs as directed to maintain a safe, comfortable, and aesthetically pleasing environment for all employees and guests.
- Monitor, operate, adjust, maintain, and repair building systems and equipment as necessary.
- Obtain vendor and contractor services in a manner that is financially and ethically responsible.
- Respond to and document completion of minor building maintenance repairs as directed.
- Respond to all facility related issues and emergencies as directed to assist as needed.
Must-haves to apply for this job:
- 18+ years of age
- Able to pass a drug test
- Able to do things like lift up to 50lbs, walk, move, push, and pull product throughout the day
- Able to speak English fluently (due to Voice Pick System)
What will give you an edge:
- Light background in electrical, plumbing, and/or HVAC.
Some perks of this job include:
- Monday - Friday Schedule
- Generous health, well-being and financial benefits:
- Life insurance
- 401k savings plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Up to 15 days paid time off annually in addition to 7 paid holidays
- Paid Time Off AND Sick Leave
- Opportunities for Annual and/or Referral Bonuses
- Opportunities for Career Growth
HD Supply is an Essential Business Service:
As an "essential business service" HD Supply remains operational in all locations. We are adhering to all social distancing guidance to the maximum extent possible in all areas, including deliveries.-To learn more about what COVID-19 safety precautions are being taken by HD Supply to protect associates, visit our FAQ page here:https://hdsupply.jobs/faqs/
Job Description & Qualifications
Perform skilled maintenance and repair services of facility systems to include mechanical, electrical and building systems.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
Maintains the physical appearance and operation of assigned facilities by completing and documenting plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and interior/exterior finish repairs as directed to maintain a safe, comfortable, and aesthetically pleasing environment for building occupants.
Monitors, operates, adjusts, maintains, and repairs building systems and equipment for assigned facilities as necessary.
Obtains vendor and contractor services in a manner that is financially and ethically responsible and monitors their actions to ensure compliance with agency policies and procedures and government rules and regulations.
Responds to and documents completion of minor building maintenance repairs as directed.
Responds to all facility related issues and emergencies as directed to assist as needed.
May estimate time and material cost projects.
May requisition new supplies and equipment.
Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
Nature and Scope
Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
No travel required.
Education and Experience
HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their design, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of major facilities systems including HVAC, chillers, boilers, fire protection system, plant control system, FFUs, and plenum units.
- Knowledge of relevant company equipment safety policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of general building maintenance operations.
Job Locations US-NJ-Burlington
Job ID 2021-46618
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Operations
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 08016
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.