Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Schulz Electric, a Timken Motor & Crane Company, has a current opening for a Plant Manager based out of East Haven, CT regional service center. The purpose of the Plant Manager position is to lead the activities of multi-disciplined functional teams in accomplishing the operational and financial objectives of the business. This position will provide leadership of engineering, operations, and customer service teams and be responsible for delivery, quality, EHS and margin performance while providing forecasting, capital project management, facilities management, process development, and continuous improvement oversight for two facilities within the Schulz Electric business (East Haven, CT and Portland, ME) part of the Timken Power Systems business group.
- Providing input and ownership for all plant issues.
- Developing, implementing, and executing busines plan strategy, tactics, and metrics to support and measure the goals for EH&S, OTS, capital projects, facilities maintenance, customer focus, and cost.
- Lead, decelop, and mentor department managers and factory floor leadership aligning, motivating, and gaining commitment through open communication and acting with ethics and integrity.
- Maintaining accessibility to all associates, on an individual basis, for the purpose of reviewing and resolving team issues or conflicts.
- Developing an environment where goal-directed teams can achieve high performance levels through effective team skills, team empowerment, communication methods, and associate cooperation.
- Coordinate with Human Resources to create and uphold organizational policies and procedures regarding operational practices and conduct.
- Lead and develop a continuous improvement culture centered around Lean Principles, Lean Leadership, and cost reduction practices.
- Lead and develop goals and tactics to reduce workplace injuries and improve environmental performance creating a safe environement.
- Ensure customer focus is established in all activities.
- Ensure proper product/ process flow from suppliers to customers.
- Lead and develop strategies to manage the reduction of costs, improve labor productivity, improve machine efficiency, and elimination of waste.
- Oversight of daily performance output against standards throughout the plant.
Technical/ Functional Skills:
- Successful management of salried and operative associates.
- Combination of strong academic and practical experience with Lean Manufacturing.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/ written communication skills
- Ability to work co-operatively with diverse and cross functional work groups
- Knowledge of electric motors used in industrial and nuclear applications is a plus.
- Applicant must have a minimum of 10+ years in manufacturing management experience.
- Applicant must have a minimum 10+ years in manufacturing, assembly, & production experience. Familiarity with electric motor overhaul and repair is a plus.
- Knowledge of electric motors and controls is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in a Business Administration, Engineering, or related field from an accredited college or university required.
- Excellent computer skills (proficient in Microsoft Office software), and strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.