Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Aerospace Drive Systems, a division of Timken Power Systems, is currently seeking an Inventory Attendant to support operations for the Manchester, CT site. The Inventory Attendant is a position that receives, maintains, and disburses ininventory for manufacturing and assembly. This position utilizes the attendant's skills and knowledge to efficiently process and accurately maintain the inventory required to produce precision aerospace components.
- Compiles and keeps records of quantity, type, and value of material, property, equipment, merchandise, or supplies.
- Issue inventory for manufacture and assembly to satisfy production requirements.
- Visually inspect components for conformance to specifications.
- Verifies record computations against physical count of inventory and adjusts errors in computation or count, or investigates and reports reasons for discrepancies.
- Ensure that standard procedures are followed in all aspects of work including product verification, inventory transactions, cycle counting, documentation and material handling.
- Coordinate with Material Release in managing fixtures, ensuring issuance to operatives is timely and efficient. Fixture returns are transported and recorded to defined locations, transactional processing and reporting accuracy are continually maintained.
- Participate in process improvement intiatives utlizing lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Act as a role model, coach and trainer for new associates to foster a team environment.
- Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Support improvement projects as assigned.
- Ability to stand or sit for an extended period of time.
- Fine motor skills with frequent hand and arm movement.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Moderate twisting and bending.
- Moderate climbing on step stools or platforms.
- Utilization of forklifts (forklift, narrow aisle experience desired).
- US Citizen or permanent resident.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1+ year of experience in an inventory or manufacturing role.
- Ability to use forklift or industrial mathematics desired.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to read technical drawings.
- Ability to use or setup mechanical devices.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.