Lovejoy, a company in the Timken family of brands, is hiring a 2nd shift Press Operator.
The Press Operator sets-up and operates production machinery, and other items similar in nature.
- Reads blueprint or job order for product specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, and tooling instructions such as fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, and determines sequence of operations.
- Selects, positions and secures tool in tool holder (chuck, collet or tool post).
- Positions and secures work piece in holding device, machine table, chuck, centers or fixtures.
- Moves controls to position tool and work piece in relations to each other, and set specified feeds, speeds and depth of cut.
- Changes holding fixtures, tools, and tool holders. Sets up fixture or feeding device, starts machine, and turns handwheel to feed tool to work piece or vice versa, and engages feed.
- Adjusts speeds and feeds.
- Changes dull or broken tooling.
- Load and unload parts from machinery.
- Turns valve handle to direct flow of coolant or cutting oil against tool and work piece.
- Replenish coolant reservoir.
- Observes operation of machine and verifies conformance of machined work piece to specifications.
- Maintains quality standards, checking and recording dimension and or specifications as needed; notify supervisor of any defective product or processes.
- Moves materials, parts, tool and containers.
- Notify' s supervisor regarding difficulties with tool and materials or malfunctions of equipment.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
- Basic blue print reading
- Ability to read/write in English
- High school diploma or GED
- Authorized to work in the US
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.