Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose and Scope
This position is accountable for the overall leadership and execution of the systems and functions that support the finished product and manufacturing operations of the Bucyrus Bearing Plant. This position provides strategic leadership within the business planning process to create both one year tactical plan and 3-5 year strategic vision. This position is responsible for the final decision on the quality disposition of all production, ensure that manufacturing systems are functioning to corporate standards, and identify opportunities for improvement in the existing operation. On a daily basis, this position is responsible to ensure all product shipped from the plant is within cost, quality and delivery requirements.
- Manage and coach the Area Production Managers in all finishing areas. Provide direction and leadership to all supervisors and hourly associates in the finishing departments. Ensure human resource issues such as disciplinary actions, overtime schedules, Job opportunity policy, etc. are properly handled.
- Key leadership role in development and execution of the Business Plan for the Bucyrus Bearing plant. Development of the strategies to improve safety, costs and customer satisfaction. Execution of the Business plan to implement tactics and achieve results. Control departmental costs while enhancing the safety and housekeeping of the workplace. Implement or support the actions required to achieve the department's business plan objectives and goals.
- Execute the procedures and practices to ensure corporate standards and customer specifications are achieved. Continuously evaluate the processes and systems in place to identify opportunities for improvement of customer satisfaction. Align department with customer expectations.
- Manage the training and development needs for the supervisors and hourly associates in the Finishing departments. This involves managing the planning, scheduling, and documentation of the training.
- Plan and implement improvement projects that will maintain the processes and equipment are at the level needed to assure product is within quality and costs specifications.
- Maintain good and frequent communications with Maintenance and other support areas. Develop and enhance coordination between production supervisors and Manufacturing Leaders on all shifts.
- Report lean strategy implementation progress regularly to plant leadership and company executives. Must be certified as a lean leader within nine (9) months and is required to maintain a yearly recertification.
- Key staff person responsible for implementing the Lean improvement process throughout all plant functions. Includes responsibility for setting, implementing, monitoring, and improving the plant lean plan.
9. Serves as the plant's primary contact for all lean and continuous improvement related activities. Requires significant interaction with other staff members and business unit / divisional / corporate groups. Be fully competent of most current quality and safety compliance procedures.
Technical Skill and Education
Minimum requirement of Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Business, and or Fiance
Preferred Masters Degree in Engineering, Finance, and or MBA. Preferred 10-15 years experience in manufacturing setting/production/ lean management, knowledge of the production process in the area of responsibility including the material and information flow, computer skills, MS Office, h igh interpersonal and communication skills, ability to communicate at different levels, ability to solve conflicts and manage change processes, knowledge of and ability to implement the problem solving theories and tools, and basic knowledge of finance, budgeting and controlling in manufacturing environment.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.