Job Specific Responsibilities and Preferred Qualifications
National Accounts Manager for Multi-Family Housing Accounts
As a National Accounts Manager you will be responsible for maintaining and growing an established portfolio of multi-family housing (apartment communities) accounts while also developing new business. This position offers a competitive base salary plus sales incentive bonus; laptop/tablet, cell phone and expenses are included. The territory will be the Cincinnati and Columbus markets. The new hire needs to live in or close to one of those areas.
- National Account Management experience..
- 5 or more years business to business (B2B) field sales experience.
- Sales/Contract negotiations.
- Large volume of product lines experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Salesforce, or similar CRM.
- Experience with consultative selling/solution selling preferred
- Proven ability to meet or exceed sales goals in a remote position.
- Resides in and/or around the Cincinnati or Columbus areas.
Build relationships and develop plans to increase sales and profitability for targeted national accounts and make purchasing decisions. Drive sales by creating, executing and communicating business plans to grow sales for the organization. This position requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 20% of the average work week. If selected for this position, the company will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Develops and maintains business relationships. Strategically plans customer visits to cultivate relationships, perform presentations, offer innovative programs and communicate plans.
- Researches, develops and acquires account opportunities. Effectively communicates competitive strengths and develops strategy to acquire competitive business.
- Develops and executes profitable business plans for managing existing and newly acquired accounts and implements those plans effectively.
- Negotiates national contracts and rebate programs consistent with industry management goals.
- Teams with individuals within sales, and other key corporate personnel to communicate account plans, pricing, and offer assistance to drive sales.
- Participates in local and national trade associations and conferences.
Nature and Scope
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information, that produce effective end results.
- Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to the expected results. Determines and develops an approach to solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues.
- May oversee the completion of projects and assignments, including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Contributes to employees' professional development but does not have hiring or firing authority.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel more than 50% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 5-8 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 3-5 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.