Responsible for proper and timely recording of financial transactions in the general ledger in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Prepare and maintain various financial statements and reports.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Prepares and enters basic journal entries on general ledger accounts. Audits journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records for accuracy.
- Prepares basic balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring appropriate and timely resolution of reconciling items.
- Answers general ledger account related inquires and/or routes inquiries to the appropriate department/associate.
- Analyzes basic financial reports and records and makes recommendations relative to account reserves, assets, and expenditures.
- Prepares basic balance sheets, profit and loss statements, amortization, and depreciation schedules and other financial reports.
- Prepares ad hoc reports as requested.
Nature and Scope
- Works in compliance with established procedures and/or protocols. Identifies and resolves readily identifiable, clearly defined problems. Demonstrates skill in data analysis and techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in routine research/data.
- Nature of work requires general supervision; exercises judgment. May be paired with a mentor. Work typically involves regular process checks or review of output by a coworker and/or supervisor.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support personnel.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Certification may be required in some areas. Generally 0-2 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 0-1 year of experience in a related field.