Responsible for profitably growing sales to achieve yearly sales goals as a sales consultant for current core industries and emerging industries and markets. Responsible for prospecting new accounts, retaining existing accounts, and increasing opportunities with existing customers. This position requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 20% of the average work week. If selected for this position, the company will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Develops and sustains sales relationships with key decision makers and influencers on all levels of an organization.
- Manages sales volume with an existing group of customers, prospects successfully to expand the customer base.
- Develops and implements plans to expand business presence in the assigned area. Shares market and competitor information with all applicable channels within the organization; establishes relationships and working partnerships.
- Attends the monthly business meetings for all company sponsored associations. Participates in all local trade shows, and, if required, similar regional / national activities.
Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or direct customers of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support or professional personnel.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.