Responsible for specialized warehouse tasks in receiving, inventory, customer service, and/or order processing.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Receives, counts and records shipment data into the system. Matches packing list information to actual packed merchandise. Prepares packages/merchandise for storage.
- Record receiving data using computer.
- Pack, unpack, and mark stock items, using identification tag, stamp, or electronic marking tool or other labeling equipment
- Identify incorrect/short shipped items and immediately notify supervisor.
- Deliver products, supplies, and equipment to designated area. May operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete tasks.
- Verify computations against physical count of stock. Examine and inspect stock items for wear and defects.
- Maintains condition of work area (i.e. free of trash, product in correct location, etc.). Follows company safety policies and procedures and encourages other associates to do the same.
- May perform order layout and make changes to carriers or picking method. Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
For Colorado job seekers:
HDS provides the following benefits to all permanent full-time associates:
Medical (with Prescription drug coverage), dental, and vision plans
Health care and Dependent Care FSA (as applicable)
401(K) with company match
Paid Holiday, Vacation, Personal Time, and Wellness Day
Paid Sick Time
Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Short and Long-term Disability Insurance
Critical Illness Insurance
Whole Life insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Adoption and Surrogacy Assistance
Colorado law requires the posting of the potential salary range for advertised jobs. Individual base pay is determined based on a variety of elements including market data, experience, skills, internal equity and other factors.