Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Position will have the following responsibility; majority of time will consist of inspecting bearings for conformance to specification and washing bearings, operation of sound test equipment and verification of work completed by others.
- Review and interpret process sheets /routings, operating instructions, and specifications
- Maintain accurate and complete inspection records in Epicor
- Maintain work areas and equipment in neat and orderly manner
- Perform inspection utilizing various gages and measuring instruments following established plans to determine conformance to specifications
- Process associated documents as required and specified
- Perform all tasks as assigned accurately with attention to detail per drawings, specifications, or other operational instructions
- This position is responsible for determining airworthiness
- Locating dimensional specification in the overhaul engine manuals
- Inspect parts: Visual, dimensional and sound test
- Verifying proper buy-off of previous operations on job traveler
- Documenting and filling out rejection tags Reject review
- Utilizing appropriate bearing cleaning methods as stated in work instructions (solvent spray wash and/or alkaline soak)
- High School-Grad equivalent of general diploma with 2+ years hands on inspection experience
- Attention to detail in completing work task
- Use of calibrated measuring equipment while performing Dimensional Inspection
- Basic mathematical comprehension
- Interpret Bearing Repair Engine Manuals
- Basic computer knowledge
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.