Responsible for implementing and administering a recruiting strategy for key openings within the organization. Conduct need/fit assessment of candidates through screening and interviews. Negotiate and finalize position offers to candidates.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Supports internal clients by understanding business context and needs and providing consulting and talent solutions.
- Collaborates with human resources business partners to ensure a successful recruiting and onboarding process.
- Obtains a qualified applicant pool using various recruiting methods and tools.
- Interviews and screens potential candidates for current or future position needs.
- Conducts information sessions with managers to determine position requirements.
- Negotiates and finalizes position offers to potential associates.
- Obtains information on competitors, industry changes, and market salary structures. Makes recommendations for adjustments to strategy as needed.
- Performs recruiting support tasks and follows-up with candidates and manager on issues and provides resolution.
Nature and Scope
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information, that produce effective end results.
- Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to the expected results. Determines and develops an approach to solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues.
- May oversee the completion of projects and assignments, including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Contributes to employees' professional development but does not have hiring or firing authority.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 5-8 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 3-5 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.