Responsible for working with supply chain teams to improve inventory planning and execution to best-in-class levels of performance. Ensure processes and practices are in place to maintain the highest levels of fulfillment capability at the lowest possible cost.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Develops inventory and fulfillment best practices and customizes for use by internal customers.
- Identifies and implements supply chain improvements across the organization.
- Assesses quality of current external customer fulfillment experience and develops and implements improvement strategies and metrics.
- Identifies and implements cost reductions in the supply chain function across lines of business.
- Applies internal / external benchmarking and best practice studies to supply chain processes and practices to create best-in-class levels of performance.
- Partners with Loss Prevention team to improve inventory accuracy and to reduce inventory shrink.
- Serves as liaison to Finance, Sourcing, Strategic Business Development, EHS, Distribution & Logistics and other business functions to help drive initiatives toward successful implementation.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience. May recommend/make decisions regarding new programs/initiatives that have significant impact to the business and carry consequences in unsuccessful endeavors.
- Manages a larger team or multiple small teams through direction of subordinate management and/or supervisory staff.
- Usually located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort, such as dust, fumes, or odors.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel 20% to 50% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.