HD Supply, a Home Depot company, is seeking an Inventory Control Manager for our 500K Sq. Ft. facility in San Bernardino, CA. This position oversees over $30+ mil in inventory holdings. You will directly manage approximately 4 associates focused on inventory accuracy, cycle counts, slotting, returns, customer service, internal process quality and cross-functional process improvements.
- 3 to 5 years of experience with inventory management.
- 4+ years directly managing inventory associates.
- Inventory Management in a high-sku count, high velocity is essential.
- Management of high dollar inventory
- Experience with accounting basics and financial impact of inventory.
- Ability to manage between 20,000 to 50,000 SKUs valued $64 million.
- SAP EWM or similar ERP.
- Proficiency with MS Office to include Excel for reporting.
Perks of working for HD Supply includes:
- We're growing!
- Comprehensive benefits plan on first day (Medical, Dental, Vision).
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits.
- Advancement Opportunity with Fortune 500 company.
- Management Bonus Opportunities.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- Equity Eligible.
Manage inventory for business including development of solutions. Oversee inventory team.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Manages inventory by reducing exposure to excess stock, dead stock and write downs. Reallocates and redistributes excess and potential dead stock.
- Identifies products slow or non-moving and develops solutions. Enters transfers to facilitate movement of materials. Adjusts sell prices if necessary.
- Manages vendor relations and vendor return process; leverages against forward buys. Analyzes forward buys to reduce exposure to excess.
- Oversees inventory control team, managing hiring, training and development and performance appraisals.
- Trains associates on systems as related to inventory. Performs analysis and support line reviews. Responds to questions and provides support for inventory issues.
- Analyzes trends, determines methods for reporting excess and dead stock to field. Analyzes and researches inventory drift, contrasting inventory value between system and books.
- Updates inventory lists and researches gains and losses. Manages physical inventory and counts. Performs inventory adjustments researching validity and coordinating adjustments.
- Supports purchasing group.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience.
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel 20% to 50% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.