Responsible for financial reporting, forecasting, and budgeting. Provide decision support for Finance and executive management.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Partner with other team members and within the organization to build out the HD Supply Chain Finance data environment to drive better reporting, planning, forecasting, and analytics capabilities
- Help to pull together reporting and other deliverables on a weekly / monthly basis which includes preparation of graphs and charts of data developed
- Help drive process improvement and implementation within the finance group and within the organization
- Partner with business partners to set goals, drive the initiatives that will achieve them, and measure performance
- Execute ad hoc analysis and providing business recommendations in a thoughtful manner
- Conduct special financial studies and coordinates cross functionally throughout the organization to drive value for the group and the company
- Provide strategic insights and recommendations that drive improved near and long-term business performance
- Perform internal and external research and analyzes issues related to specific financial metrics to ensure competitiveness
- Present regularly to business partners as well as opportunity to present to leadership
Nature and Scope
- This position typically reports to a Sr. Manager Finance
- Displays the highest level of critical thinking and analysis in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-departmental problems. Makes prompt, sound decisions when faced with complex and often contradictory alternatives that result in successful outcomes.
- Operates with considerable latitude. Situations may have little or no precedent requiring original or new concepts or approaches without guidance from others. Reaches decisions under conditions of uncertainty.
- Develops or engages/directs others in developing innovative solutions to important, highly complex strategic and operating problems; cross-departmental considerations are often present.
- Typically faces situations that are unstructured and require original
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- A bachelor's degree in Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics or related field is preferred
- 2-5 years of experience in Finance, Business Intelligence, Analytics or related field
- Experience using SQL and / or scriptable programming language (including writing tables from scratch, joining data tables, etc.)
- Experience with database development / management, and data analytics would be a plus
- Well-developed skillset with manipulating, and leveraging data to inform business decisions.
- Comfortable with large datasets
- Proficient with Excel
- Experience with Tableau, or similar BI tool