Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Manage and perform administrative support tasks for HR Manager and the HR staff in the Asheboro facility. Position will also support other Asheboro staff managers as needed. Provide and organize this support in the most effective and efficient manner with high professionalism, confidentiality, and accuracy.
In addition to the plant administrative responsibilities, this position manages all training records & TU assignments and supports Safety and Quality at the Asheboro Plant. The position works as a shared resource to insure common processes/administrative activities such as payroll administration, HR transactions, and some production reporting functions are executed effectively and in adherence to procedures, policies, SOX regulations.
- Update and maintain the ASB Communication board monthly for the plant manager. Pull information from the Hoshin plan to create each slide and e-mail to the Leadership Team when done.
- Maintains our training database, lesson plan sign-offs and recordkeeping for Asheboro associates. Enter and execute pay for skills system accomplishments and requalification and provides approval to the Sr. HR Analyst that the pay for skills rate increase requirements have been met and can be submitted to Payroll.
- Assist in benefits consultation and open enrollment. Act as a communications leader, responding to daily enquiries from associates with respect to benefits questions as well as retirees and laid-off associates.
- Create and manage the new hire orientation process for operative new hires. Provide orientation on benefits for all new associates and recalled associates.
- Create and maintain training records for all new or transferred associates.
- Create on-boarding plans for new staff associates and facilitate scheduling per the plan.
- Assist in the administration of plant job posting recruitment program and process departmental transfers. Resource for recruitment efforts, i.e., phone and panel interviews, background checks and new hire orientation preparation.
- Cross train on the Sr. HR Analyst position to provide backup for vacations and career development. Provide backup for completion of the paperwork for new hires, transfers, promotions, terminations and student interns. Provide backup regarding any errors associates have in relation to pay; act as needed.
- Design bulletin boards relevant to events
- Manage the maintenance of associate communications tools such as Benefits and Wellness Information Boards in addition to coordination and administration of associate events and managing the plant zoo pass and baseball passes coordination (i.e., plant Christmas lunches, service awards recognitions, round table discussions and other safety/celebration events and gift items).
- Manage and order supplies and/or decide and when/if to place service calls for all XEROX copy machines/printers at the Asheboro Plant.
- Provide support to Human Resources Manager, Plant Manager and Leadership Team members on various projects.
- Provides partnership to the community through coordinating Timken's involvement in philanthropic community activities and assists with community requests to the Timken Charitable Trust and Timken Foundation.
- Responsible to be a backup for monitoring; reconciling and processing payroll
- Maintain time and attendance system for pay accuracy of associate's time weekly; conduct activities to promote understanding of attendance policies.
- Processes and reconciles payroll weekly (reviews and edits wage & cost center information)
- Verifies employee time punches daily and communicates with Supervisors to rectify any and all discrepancies
- Local administrator for the DNA badge access system (time clocks, turnstile/ gate access, badges) for the bearing plant.
- Maintain and provide support to Sr. HR Analyst on Kronos & MySuccess data integrity.
- Administration of all files and documents required for payroll administration, garnishments, etc.
- Plant administrator for the time and attendance system and support end users.
- Support and facilitate orientation of newly hired associates regarding HR benefits and Payroll.
- Serve as the plant backup for payroll resource regarding all Sarbanes-Oxley payroll related processes and activities.
- Research, verify and facilitate pay issues for salary and hourly associates.
- Local iPay representative to assist associates with their iPay service.
- Strong knowledge of payroll systems and processes, including experience with Kronos and ADP.
- 3 Years minimum
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Access)
- Significant experience with administrative support to multiple managers in a facility.
- Experience prioritizing tasks, problem solving and managing mulitple projects is critical.
- Self-starter, work independently but still as a team player.
- Communication skills, both written and verbal.
High School Diploma (Or Equiv) Required
Associates Or Higher in Business Management/Accounting/HR Preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.