Work among of team of individuals assembling products for our customers. As part of our LEAN Manufacturing business strategy, the position is located in a work "cell" assembling a variety of components ranging in complexity throughout the day. Works under general supervision. Although the location of the position is in Sterling, VA, from time to time it may be required to undertake duties at other Thorlabs locations.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Must be able to understand written work instructions and schematics for a wide range of products to properly assemble the final product to the highest of quality standards and with zero scrap or rework.
- Assemble components and products of varying size and complexity that includes cleaning, inspecting and testing of assembled components and assemblies.
- Meets the expected assembly timelines that are outlined on the production orders
- Ask questions when instructions are not understood or clear
- Remain focused on the production orders and assembly responsibilities throughout the day
- Performs any combination of the above duties from the functions above. Cross-train on various functions in order to provide flexibility and support across production operations.
- Where necessary, set up or calibrate equipment, maintain accurate records, prepare reports for identification purposes such as test reports, and move material to and from work areas.
- Must maintain a safe and clean working environment through compliance with procedures, policies and regulations.
- Experience with soldering capability in a similar position preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong ability to work well in a group atmosphere, and comply with high quality standards.
- Strong ability to shift from one task to another to address changing production priorities.
- Must be able to understand written work instructions and schematics for a wide range of products to properly assemble the final product.
- Basic mathematic skills are required.
- Must be proficient in reading blueprints and possess familiarity with standard parts and tools utilized in Surface-Mount Technology (SMT) processes.
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organizatio